As mentioned previously, I am the ‘craft’ organiser this year for my MOPS group and the last time we met (just after Mother’s Day) we made our own bubblebath & body scrub from ingredients found around the house.
1/2 cup shampoo
3/4 cup water
1/4 teaspoon table salt
1. Gently mix the shampoo and water in a bowl.
2. Add salt and stir for approximately one minute or until mixture thickens slightly.
3. Pour into jar. This amount of mixture will be enough to fill 2 baby food jars.
4. Decorate your jar if desired.
* This would be even more fun if you used a clear or light-coloured shampoo and added some food dye. This way the bath would turn the colour of the food dye. You know I love that. Or if you added your own fragrance to an un-fragranced shampoo. I just used a pink, fragranced shampoo.
Of course, I had to test it out first with the kids & their little cousins and as you can see the bubbles most certainly worked. I will not be buying bubble bath again.
DIY Chocolate Body Scrub
We also made our own chocolate body scrub in baby food jars. Goose made some of these for her Aunties and Granny at Christmas time, thanks to this lady’s inspiration. We used the recipe at the bottom of this post and I think it would be fabulous with some orange essence, or essential oil of your choice, added.
These are both super easy acitivites for kids to do as well, to use at home or to give as gifts.
If you are interested in other craft activities that you can do with your kids, head over to our ‘Kids Craft’ page right here.
Or for others creative spaces for this week head over here.