EASY PEASY ZUCCHINI

I have another winner to share in the lunchbox stakes…
A winner all round as everyone loves it but most importantly – it freezes well, just like the last lunchbox winner, which helps enormously with the need for variety and for a time poor Mum.

1/2 cup grated zucchini
2/3 cup ricotta cheese
1 & 1/2 cups plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
2 tbsp sugar
1 tspn chopped parsley
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup melted butter
2 eggs

1. Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and parsley together in a bowl.
2. In another bowl combine together the milk, butter & eggs. To this second bowl, add the zucchini & ricotta cheese and then beat well.
3. Add this second bowl to the dry ingredients, stirring together until just moistened. Batter may look a little more stiff than your usual muffin mix.
4. Fill each muffin cup to about 2/3 full. Bake at 200 degrees celcius for 20-25 min or until golden brown.

Use baking paper as muffin liners (just like this) and it won’t stick to the patty pans like it did with mine. I used baking paper the other day when I made zucchini slice in muffin form (another lunchbox winner & pictured below) and it worked beautifully, so I’ll be using that next time I make these muffins!

If you have any healthy-ish recipes whether sweet or savoury, that would work for a lunchbox, please link them up to this post. I’m trying to get a bit of a collection together as I need all the help I can get and I’m sure it’ll be helpful for others too – thanks!

Comments

YUM. You&#39;ve sold me (especially that I now have a spacious sort of freezer scenario). <br /><br />Just one question. Three kids I know, whom shall remain nameless, object wildly to the TEXTURE (for heaven&#39;s sake!) of ricotta. So do you reckon these little numbers would be a winner? Are they kosher-ly textured?!?

Delish! My next project (or should that be, ONE of my next projects) is DIY ricotta. Supposed to be dead easy, tasty (and conveniently about a zillion times cheaper than the bought stuff) – I&#39;ll keep you posted x

Ooo lovely, thanks for sharing. I love recipes with zucchini in them, my eldest boy is a big fan of zucchini, so I&#39;m only too happy to whip up recipes that include it :o) These look YUMMO!

I&#39;ve never seen any of my children eat zucchini, but I guess it is worth a shot, especially seeing as they freeze, if the kids won&#39;t eat them, then I can send them along to work with the man of the house. I am so sick of school lunches, that we are in nsw for most of this week so that I can have some time off from doing them. Well, that might be an exaggeration, mostly visiting my mum,

I am so going to make these…M has sworn of ALL sandwiches and I am at my wits end as to what to do for school lunches…we have finally decided that zucchini slice is nice (yeah!!!) and this should be a bit similar, total bonus is that these babies freeze – yes I can at last seem like an organised, thoughtful, caring mummy etc etcwho feed her child intersting wholesome lunches!!! TK xx

Ah! You&#39;re getting ahead of me. Love it! Will definitely try these. I&#39;ve been sending cold quiche to school and Child 2 has declared it the Best Lunch Ever. Much better than sandwiches apparently. Please excuse me while I bask in my own motherly glory.

I like the sound of these:) They&#39;d be nice to have with a soup too instead of bread. Thanks for the recipe, simple and yummy as always. xo