When Bear came home from kinder last week with a gorgeous pasta jewellery creation and some annoying bickering ensued (because Frog wanted one too!) we decided that we’d make some more at home.
This time I thought I’d attempt a different way to dye the pasta and it was soooooo easy and the colors were much more vibrant than my previous attempts. So easy in fact that this could be a more regular activity.
EASY PASTA DYING METHOD:
1. Place uncooked pasta into a snaplock bag.
2. Put a few squirts of hand sanitiser into the bag.
3. Put a few drops of food dye into the bag.
4. Zip up bag and shake until colouring has mixed. (only a few seconds)
5. Empty bag onto paper towel or newspaper and dry in the sun.
(or on heater or just on bench)
N.B. Must put sanitiser in first, before food dye, or the color does not distribute evenly.
For making jewellery you will obviously need pasta with holes. We have had lots of fun with different shaped pasta such as dinosaurs, teddy bears, alphabet and farm animals which can all found at the supermarket.
This method works even better when coloring rice as it drys within minutes. Lots of fun can be had with colored rice as you can see here.
For more children’s craft activity ideas you might like to have a look at my Kids Craft Page.