EASY PEASY ‘CONVERTIBLE’ MUFFINS

This recipe was given to me about 7 years ago by a lovely girl called Adele. She and I attended a ‘knitting group’ together every Wednesday morning about 7 years ago when Goose was a baby. It was a small group of only around 6 of us who met each week to knit and chat in the back of the church around the corner from my house. It was a time in my life when I was struggling with my new role as a Mum and this group was just what I needed. Most of the ladies were older than my mother, but they were the most warm, open, caring, generous and supportive ladies that I have ever had the pleasure to know. The ‘knitting ladies’, as they were affectionately known, will always hold a very special place in my heart & memory.

This recipe is fantastic as you can change the flavour of the muffins depending on what you happen to have on hand… frozen berries, mashed banana, sultanas, chocolate chips, grated apple… the possibilities are absolutely endless!

ADELE’S ‘CONVERTIBLE’ MUFFINS

2 cups SR flour
3/4 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup yoghurt
1 egg
1 cup of fruit/choc bits or whatever you like!!*

1. Set oven to 200 degrees celcius and line a muffin tray with patty pans.**
2. Put all ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Stir gently together with a wooden spoon. Just enough stirring so that the ingredients are mixed.
4. Spoon mixture into muffin tray with each patty pan being about 3/4 full.
5. Put in oven for approx. 15 mins or until golden brown.

* This is the interchangeable/convertible part. Be creative!
I used chocolate melts when I made the ones pictured.

** Muffin trays often vary in size, but when I made these, it actually made about 16 muffins, so you might need two trays.

for more quick & easy recipes from FGB, click here.

Comments

I can't say I have ever made muffins with yoghurt before. Sounds interesting! I have a 'convertible muffin' recipe (love the name BTW) and it is very handy, non? x

Oooo Yummy! I love a recipe with a difference… and yoghurt in muffins is definitely a difference! They look delicious and what a nice memory you have to think about when you make them :o)

anything with choch chips & my boy is in!!! I love the story about your 'knitting ladies' too, such sweet and treasured memories, TK xx

I love a recipe that makes you think of the person who gave it to you, and what life was like back then, every time you make it. My muffin recipe was from the Little Collins St cafe where I used to have coffee every day with my collegues – before we moved to Hobart. On my last day I asked for their muffin recipe, and the chef obliged. Every time I make those muffins I go right back to my rockin&#

5. Anonymous says

I still use this recipe after you gave it to me about 5 years ago. (Usually make raspberry and white choc chip) When I take them into work they&#39;re gone in about 5 minutes!<br />Katexx

Husband made these with 2 year old this afternoon, with a cup full of grated apple. BEST. MUFFINS. EVER!! <br />(not that I would know, given that I am off sugar at the moment. Ok, Ok, so I might have had one. Ssshhh!! Don&#39;t tell anyone!!). Unfortunately I&#39;m not sure there will be any left tomorrow when you come to visit :( just too good!!