RAINBOW TOES & BLUE TONGUES

This post is for Annie.
Frog, Goose, Bear & myself, all with rainbow toes.

Annie is a beautiful, creative, mother of five and she had her left breast removed yesterday, after finding a lump only two short weeks ago.  She painted rainbows on her toes before surgery as a sign of hope & courage.  There are friends everywhere painting their toes in rainbow colours as a sign of support.  If you know Annie, or even if you don’t – join in!

About a month ago, Annie posted a photo of her dinner…. baked blue tongue on her blog.  We have a blue tongue lizard who lives in our shed.  We’ve named him Bluey.  So, of course, I had to give baked blue tongue a try!  Not quite as perfect as Annie’s, but it is now the most requested meal here at FGB headquarters.  You’ll notice, Annie, that I even followed your advice of making an individual blue tongue for each child.

We haven’t seen Bluey for quite a few weeks and I was beginning to wonder if he was OK.  Just before taking the pic of our rainbow toes this afternoon, Bluey showed up right in the middle of the shed floor in a much more bold position than ever before.  Annie, it must be a sign.

Comments

I like to think I&#39;m a blue-tongue expert (I spend many hours watching them. That&#39;s all.) <br /><br />Anyway, don&#39;t be worried if they disappear for long periods … they like to use Frequent Flyer points and travel to Eastern European countries to visit Museums.<br /><br />Just put out some banana or some grapes and they&#39;ll book the earliest flight home!<br /><br />Go Rainbow toes

Hello :D I&#39;m loving finding all of Annie&#39;s other friends, at home and far away, through the rainbow toe posts. This thing just keeps growing!<br /><br />Sorry about the delete above, not sure what happened there, Annie @ <b>knitsofacto</b>x

Oh Emma, what a beautiful post. It breathes love and hope… and really, there aren&#39;t too many other things more important in life than that. The rainbow toes are fantastic and for such a wonderful, heartfelt cause xo

For Annie: Red and yellow and pink and green, orange and purple and blue. I can sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow – of hope and joy for you!<br />Can you hear me singing?<br />Cate xx

Lovely support toes!<br /><br />When I had my op they took my nail polish off my toes before I went into surgery. Not sure why? Hadn&#39;t thought/remembered that til now..

What a gorgeous idea. I was flicking through your blog a few days ago actually, and got to this post before I got around to commenting. I clicked over to Annies blog (I hadn&#39;t seen it before), and it is just such a devastating story that I got all caught up in it – so sad and emotional. <br />What a beautiful way to show your support. <br />x Sannah