In Preparation for a Lego Party

Preparations for Bear’s 6th birthday party are well under way.  In fact, I’m not sure if I’ve ever been this organised for a party two weeks ahead.  Time will tell whether I can keep up the momentum!

Thanks to some inspiration from here the invitations were super easy to make.  At under 10c an invite to print, they were cost effective also.  No need to even write on the back, as all the info was right there in the photo.  Bear wrote the names on the envelopes before we handed them out at school (in a secret squirrel kind of way as I just couldn’t bring myself to invite the whole class – always such a tricky one that one! What do you do?!).

We stuck a piece of magnet on the back of the photo so the recipient could pop it up on their fridge.  We just cut up the free advertising magnets that seem to multiply in this house and taped them on using double sided tape.  In case you were wondering, that yellow contraption in the photo below is one of the best birthday gifts my mother ever gave me – a double sided tape gun.  Love it!

To keep with our tradition* of making something from a fridge box for each birthday party we made a lego man photo booth!  Thanks to pinterest for inspiration once again and the artistic skills of our friend Jess.  The painting was a joint effort between Frog & myself before you go thinking she’s a genius 4 year old for painting so perfectly in the lines. ;)

Thanks to Jess once again for helping me create this pin the mouth on the lego man.  I love him!  As soon as I showed Bear he told me that he liked it also, but told me that he did not want to play that game at his party anymore.  ?!?!?!  So after a little discussion (no way that effort was going to waste!) we decided that it would still be ok if some of the other kids at his party played it.  Phew!
We’ve been doing a little pre-party prep in the kitchen as well and popping them in the freezer or in airtight containers and we’re currently in the middle of whipping up some lego bunting and making juice boxes look like lego bricks.  Gosh I love party time!

Stay tuned for more lego party adventures!

Feel free to follow my lego party pinboard on pinterest if you’re looking for inspiration for your own lego party.

In addition, some of you will be pleased to know that, as of last week, I am now on instagram!  You can follow me over there under @froggoosebear as well as good old facebook as I’ll be far more likely to be popping lego party pics on there sooner than I’ll be getting around to putting them on the blog!
You can check out previous FGB parties on our party page over here.
Are you preparing for a party of your own?  Have you had a lego party?  Do you use pinterest to collect ideas?

* I pop out the back of our local ‘Good Guys’ store and they are always happy to give me a box or two.  For previous parties we’ve made a princess castle, a pirate ship and a rocket.

Comments

Awesome invitation (we post ours now… saves those awkward moments!)<br />I love the idea of a lego party and I love that you&#39;re on IG<br />I pin a lot but I don&#39;t follow through!

I love it!!!!<br />Honestly CAN&#39;T WAIT to see the whole party come together.<br />it is such a buzz checking out other mummy&#39;s parties isn&#39;t it??<br />xx<br /><br />(PS is that linky of yours operational yet???)

hello, love a good lego party!those invites are very very cute…popping ova to ur blog via meet me at mikes, i shall do so again! xx

i want to come to this party so bad! it all looks so beautifully done too. <br />yep, party invite etiquette is a minefield. my daughter chose who she wanted to invite last year and we offended a couple of mums (not the kids) and then two kids didn&#39;t even turn up! that said she hasn&#39;t been invited to the kid-who-she-adores-the-most at kindys party and i feel so bad for her!

Popped over to say hi from Meet Me At Mikes and LOVE LOVE all the fabulous craftiness on your site!!! So fun!!! And who wouldn&#39;t want a LEGO party after that!!! Have a fab week!!!

I just had a good look through your blog…and have decided its my sort of place :D So far I have oohed and ahhed over every post…so I think I&#39;m going to have to follow you now :D<br />Found you Via Meet me at Mikes :)

I love your lego party posts. I am currently planning a lego party for my 5 year old and while I have been looking on pinterest nothing I&#39;ve seen compares to your beautiful party. You have given me lots of inspiration. Thank you!

In Internet system we have now best earning system without any work, Just Invest some Money into your Business and Make Perfect Life time Earnings with this Business.<br />Join Now for Make Perfect Business and Earn Money online from home.<br />www.hotfxearnings.com

In Internet system we have now best earning system without any work, Just Invest some Money into your Business and Make Perfect Life time Earnings with this Business.<br />Join Now for Make Perfect Business and Earn Money online from home.<br /><a href="http://bit.ly/1fC7CTn&quot; rel="nofollow">HotFxEarnings.Com</a>

Lols Gag is the the Best Lol Network Ever, where you can every thing is lol and Funny, Troll Images, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, funny planet, funny facts, funny cartoons, funny movies pics, iphone funny, funny jokes, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures.<br /><a href="http://bit.ly/1dY1Mfd&quot; rel="nofollow">lolsgag.blogspot.com</a>