A Fancy Nancy Birthday Soiree

Apologies for the suspense folks, but here are the long awaited pics from Frog’s fifth birthday celebrations.
Just a little warning – there are quite a lot!

Food:

fruit wands – watermelon stars, grapes & blueberries
pink meringues with silver cachous
crown shaped fairy bread
edible tea cups
white chocolate grissini wands with silver cachous
oreo pops dipped in white choc with silver cachous
strawberry cups (chopped strawberries in cupcake cases)
apricot & coconut balls
ham sandwich pinwheels with toothpicks
sausage rolls
mini quiches

Activities:

Ooh la la Nail Salon
finger nail painting
foot spa (bucket with marbles & warm bubbly water)
toe nail painting

Ooh la la Hair Salon
hair chalk
hair & face glitter
mini plaits with beads

dress-ups
basket full of fun & fancy clothes and accessories
fancy frame for pics
large mirror

make your own handbag
decorate paper plate handbags with ribbons, lace, buttons, stickers & watercolours

pin the jewel on the tiara

decorate your own cupcake

pass the parcel

Wrapping paper decorated by the birthday girl.

Some crazy woman put sequins in between each layer to bling it up a bit as well as an el cheapo plastic necklace and ring.  The two year old niece adored it!

Party Favours

The fancy little ladies each took home a homemade ‘pen-with-a-plume’ (as Fancy Nancy only ever writes with ‘pen-with-a-plume’) along with a fancy notepad and some edible candy jewelry (not pictured).  All of which they popped in their fancy new paper plate handbags.

This is what it looked like after they’d all gone home….
and let’s be honest – it looked like that for days afterward…

You can see pics from more FGB birthday parties over here….

Tell me – have you heard of Fancy Nancy?
How do you feel at the end of a party?
Utter relief that it is over?  Or itching for the next one, like me?

*An enormous thank you to all of the Mums and family who just got in there and enthusiastically helped out on the day.  As always, I couldn’t have done it without you!  An extra special thanks must go to my beautiful cousin-in-law Kirra who so generously took most of these wonderful photos.  Thank you.  xo

Comments

1. Anna D says

As ever, I am in awe! Such a clever combination of activities with both simple (dress ups) & complicated things (handbags looked v fun). And the amazing food!

2. Anna D says

Awesome! It all looks just fabulous. Still finding it funny that we both gained inspiration for our parties from one another's kidspot posts, lol. The paper bag handbags were perfect for putting the goodies into. Great idea. :D

Man! I want a Fancy Nancy birthday party! Gosh I just love the effort you go to Emma -I especially love the fruit wands and edible tea cups and the pin the jewel is INSPIRED! I must show my little girls! But then again….don't want to raise the bar!!!

Absolutely fabulous! Love every bit of it… the food, the games and activities… those PENS!!!!<br />Best of all – it wasn&#39;t just beautiful but it looks like they all had a BLAST.x<br />Well done YOU.<br />xx

Wonderful stuff, Em, a proper little girlie girl party. I loved seeing Deb&#39;s paper plate handbags make an appearance too (SUCH a good party game). You are still my queen of parties (you share the title with Simoney from Great Fun for Kids). Stylish but REAL parties that kids absolutely love. x

Okay I&#39;m madly taking notes for Shorty Divine next year. Where did this Fancy Nancy come from. She sounds like a winner. I cannot read the Wizard of Oz story book one more time!

This looks fabulous Emma, great inspiration for the Fancy Nancy party I&#39;m planning with my sister for my almost 5 year old niece!<br />I&#39;m wondering if any boys came and how you managed that as it&#39;s such an overtly girly party theme!