A little while ago, Goose (aged 9) asked if we could spend more time together crafting.
It seems that just like her Mum, she needs a bit of creativity in her life to energise her and give her that buzz that you get when you are doing something that you love. There is nothing she likes more, apparently, than to potter around in my craft room sticking, painting, sewing, gluing, creating. Although I knew she enjoyed doing any crafty things that we did around these parts (which sadly are more few and far between than ever before) I underestimated just how much she enjoyed and valued it. I think a bit of needing quality time on her own with her Mum is a little part of it too as she told me that I had to do it with her, not just potter nearby. So, we’ve now marked one Saturday a month in the diary to craft, just the two of us. We are very different in so many ways, so it’s nice to have something that we share. We’ve missed one already, but hopefully we’ll be regular …
The first time we met, we decoupaged…
If you’d like to give it a go too, this is how we did it …
You will need:
- tissue box cover (we purchased ours at Spotlight)
- paper serviettes
- mod podge (special glue from craft shops)
- paint brush
1. Tear up your paper serviettes into small pieces.
2. Paint the mod podge glue both underneath and on top of the serviette.
3. Continue to cover the box with serviettes and mod podge until completely covered.
Are you good at spending regular one on one time with your kids?
What do you do with them?
For more Frog, Goose and Bear crafty activity ideas for you to do with your kids, click here…
* That’s soda for my friends in the US. However, this would work with milk cartons or juice bottles also.
** & that’s a box cutter for my US friends.
* the real deal kind of camping – in the middle of nowhere, no electricity, no running water, no showers and the shovel & toilet roll over your shoulder to find a good tree kind of toilet.
* There are MOPS groups all over the world. MOPS is short for ‘Mothers of Preschoolers’ and according to our facebook page - MOPS offers a caring & accepting atmosphere where Mums have an opportunity to share concerns, make friends, explore areas of creativity and learn. We have some really worthwhile speakers & discussions.
* adults too if truth be known.